What is NILS?
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit. Loans are available for up to $1,500 for essential goods and services shuch as fridges, washing machines and medical procedures. Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months. To be eligible for NILS you must have a Health Care Card or earn less than $45,000 a year (after tax).
- No Fees
- No Charges
- No Interest
- No Credit check is required for this loan
What NILS loans are for
Loans are for the purchase of essential goods and services and can include
- Household items such as white goods and furniture
- Some medical and dental services
- Education needs such as computers, books, camps and uniforms
- Car repairs or registration
- Other items may be requested upon approval from loans committee
NILS loans cannot be used for
- Debt Consolidation
- Rent arrears, bond
Do I Qualify For NILS?
To qualify you must:
- Have a Health Care Card/Pension card
- Reside in your current premises for more than 3 months
- Show a willingness and capacity within your budget to repay the loan
To make an appointment please call BFFS on (03) 54415277